Monday, January 09, 2006

Milford Sound 3


Toitu he kainga: whatungarongaro he tangata... which in Maori means... 'long after people have disappeared, the land will remain...'


Milford Sound was definitely my favourite place out of all the places we visited in New Zealand. The mountain peaks, rainforests, waterfalls and gray mist combine to create a hauntingly beautiful landscape deep in New Zealand's South.


The rain had started to fall once again, but we stayed up on deck to spend the last few moments admiring the landscape


What a way to end an unforgettable cruise! A small pod of dusky dolphins playing just in front of the boat... I had been hoping hard that I would be able to see these graceful creatures on the trip, though they are not often sighted here at the sounds. My favourite animal, and they've come to see me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home