Friday, July 08, 2005

Bombs in London and the Cry for Justice

I heard news of buses and subway trains exploding in London yesterday. I had no notion about the graveness or the significance of the news and just brushed it aside. I was taken aback this morning to learn that terrorists had been involved again. Another planned attack. The media are having a field day. They must be earning so much more because of these attacks. Newspaper headlines scream out ‘Injustice’! 37 killed so far. 700 injured. World leaders, including British Prime Minister Tony Blair, rise up to condemn the terrorists. Blogs everywhere are now filled with condemnation of Muslim extremists and religious violence. Christians all over the world and in Malaysia are calling for justice.

I believe that this is good. The new things that I have learned about the Kingdom of God and His justice on earth are beginning to change the way I think. The word ‘Missional’ is now already firmly rooted in my mind and heart and soul. But there are a few questions that came to me as I pondered upon all the blogs of Christians writing about the injustice in London. Why weren’t there as many Christians who spoke up against the Americans and British when they invaded Iraq? I’m sure more civilians died there. I also echo Brian McLaren’s cry: Why aren’t the media and people in general screaming out ‘Injustice’ at the situation in Darfur, where hundreds of thousands are dying? The biggest question of all for me is this: As a Christian who has been called to be missional, what can I do about it? What am I going to do about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home