Friday, February 18, 2005

Mission to Sarawak 2

Though many couldn’t make it, the few of us managed to get together to lay the foundations for the second trip to Sarawak. We managed to agree on a few things and decide on the tentative dates and plans. I am excited about this second trip. I really pray that this trip will materialize. I pray that God will lead us through the planning and preparation and be in charge of it.

I know that it will not be easy to go there again. I am reminded of the discomfort and challenges that I will need to face, but I want to surrender my life fully to God. I can recall the toilets, the hot nights without fans, the skin problems I had there, and the long flight to Sarawak. Reading about Henri Nouwen’s struggles to become poor and to surrender to God’s call to move into a home for the handicapped has been an inspiration to me. I very much want to do the same, by putting aside any selfish thoughts of personal discomfort so that I may be God’s vessel of hope and love. May God give me the strength to sacrifice a little for the sake of others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home