Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Starting from Scratch is Tough!

Considering that this blog is new even though I have been keeping an e-journal for quite awhile, some of what I post here may be incomprehensible and confusing, as some of the things I share about will be carried over from there. I am currently going through a process of change in my thinking, theology and understanding of the Christian faith. I will continue to ponder over these issues as the days go by. I am also in the midst of my research, planning for a mission trip, as well as hoping and looking forward to a trip to Antarctica. There are a few groups that I am a part of; many adventures that I am in the middle of. All these combine to make it so difficult to start this blog from scratch. I think it would be easier to just archive the more recent entries of my e-journal here! Maybe I’ll do just that. This would be a good time and place to back-up my journals too, since I have not done that yet. The thought that I could lose my journals due to hard-disk corruption or stolen laptop terrifies me! So I guess this is what I will be doing for the coming days, in addition to my daily entries. Not everything will be here of course, especially those that are a little too personal or are concerning people who have confided in me. Hmmm… I should still back them up somewhere though…

4 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

I must say .. as I stumbled on your blog. I'm impressed with the amount of "deep" reflection here. I'm encouraged by the honest quest for truth and reality ... even though it could be unsettling. Tell me, who do you share your thoughts with. Where do you get support?

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger sojourner said...

Hi Pastor Sivin! I'm quite surprised that you stumbled over here! I think you know who I am right (From that Thomas Merton quote)? =P Just started the blog a few days ago after that e-mail conversation with you... then added some of my journal entries here as archive.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger johnsee said...

Finally it's up, kev. Good to finally know what your "journal" has been like. I've seen you writing it before, but now it's finally sneaked out of the rabbit hole.

Your personal touch in your writings is truly encouraging...and I hope what you've written will also open up new areas of reflection and contemplation in those who read them. Write on!

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

ah ... now I know ... thanks for opening up! good stuff here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home