Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Back with Loads of Work

I’m back from another trip to the paddy fields. This time I had a really good time! Why? Agnes came along with me! I enjoyed spending the weekend with her and showing her some of the things that I do over there. We even managed to go for a trip to the firefly park.

Now I’m back at the office in MMU with loads of work to do. I really need to finish this journal paper. I really want to graduate as soon as possible! And now I’ve got more classes to teach this week! Sigh… Not to mention the paperwork that still needs to be done due to the car accident more than a week ago.

I’m currently reading N. T. Wright’s ‘What Saint Paul Really Said’. I guess this will be my introduction to the ‘New Perspectives’.

A notable lesson for me from yesterday’s study of Philippians 1 and 2:

Paul didn’t care if people preached the gospel out of envy, rivalry or selfish ambition. What mattered to him was that Jesus was preached. He didn’t have to be the hero! Let others take the credit or whatever, even if their motives are wrong, as long as God’s work is done! And the amazing thing was that God can still used those people for the advancement of the gospel!

A problem verse we came across as a group:

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. ~ Philippians 2:12-13

What did Paul mean by ‘work out your salvation’?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home