Sunday, March 27, 2005

Books and More Books!


After what felt like a long time, I finally purchased a copy of ‘The Story We Find Ourselves In’, the sequel to ‘A New Kind of Christian’. Now I can get back to my adventures with Neo and Dan. Now we have Kerry, Glenn, Maricel, and a host of other interesting characters along for the ride.

I bought that book yesterday. To my delight, MPH was having a storewide sale, which will last till the 29th of March. Not content with just one book, I went back there after church today to buy more books! I have recently been inspired to read something about the history of Christianity, and how it evolved in the last 2000 years. I would love to know our heritage as Christians, the story that we find ourselves in; the good times and the bad times; the whole life of the Church from its roots up till now. Maybe I can learn more about how the culture has influenced the Church and vice-versa. I hope to get a glimpse of what God has been doing in the world and in the Church in the last 2 centuries. Fortunately, I was able to find a book called ‘The Story of Christianity’, lavishly and beautifully illustrated to satisfy all my curiosities and whims while ensuring that I don’t get bored to death. I also bought ‘The Spirituality of the Psalms’ by Walter Brueggemann, and ‘Stories of Emergence’, which I stumbled upon by accident. Time to dig in and find out more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home