Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The Weekend That Was...

Busy, busy, busy… So much that needs to be done! I haven’t been able to find time to update my journal lately. Looks like I will have to wait for another opportunity to write down my thoughts on the recent conversation with Kat, as well as N. T. Wright’s ideas on the afterlife. I couldn’t do it during the weekend. After completing the research paper a few minutes ago, I can now type down thoughts and happenings in the last few days. It’s been a really eventful weekend, and I will organize them chronologically.

I am glad that I managed to join Colin and Agnes for dinner on Friday evening. Colin brought a surprise visitor along too! It was good to see Annette again after a long while. I haven’t seen her since CF meetings ended last semester. Over dinner, we joked around and talked about people we knew. Annette also shared a little about things that are happening in student ministry. Listening about what some churches and pastors are trying to do these days made me feel really annoyed. Sigh… we Christians really seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot all the time, as Colin would say. I had to leave them early to meet the friend that I mentioned in my post 'Anger and Disappointment with Church' and to find out how she was doing. I hope that I will be able to find time in the future to follow up on her; to be a friend.

I had planned to bring Agnes down to Malacca to spend some time together, so we went on Saturday morning. We went to eat chicken rice-ball and satay celup, went shopping and even had time to go to the Malacca Zoo. We also had our portraits drawn at Kota A’ Famosa. Well, Agnes got a little disappointed that her portrait didn’t really look like her. ‘Who is this girl you were with?’ she would ask me occasionally.

Her parents and brother came down for her brother’s registration in MMU on Sunday, so we had lunch and dinner together before I drove back to KL at night. Even Stacey and her boyfriend came down from Singapore for a one day trip! This trip really got my mind off this research paper that I had to write. I just savored the moments together with Agnes. I really enjoyed the two days spent with her. When I arrived back in KL, for once, I actually felt ‘the blues’ of having to go to work the next day! Usually I would look forward to going to campus. Not this time. There is this lousy paper to write.

Yesterday was filled with busyness, as I got down to writing the paper. I couldn’t finish it on time so I e-mailed my boss for a deadline extension. I rushed home so that I could return Alvin Bong his drill that I borrowed. I then took a bath, went to Agnes’ place for dinner (her mom made dumplings for her!) and then rushed to SK for Bible study. I think Glen and Robert are starting to find their place in the Bible study group. Glen came for the third time, and Robert for the second time since last week. We decided to meet up for dinner tonight, so I am looking forward to having a chat with them later. Jane also invited her colleague, Yen Nee, along for the study!

I spent my whole day today trying to finish the paper. Now it’s done. Now I can think about the missions retreat, read some blogs, and organize my life. What a relief!

4 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heheh, her name is Yen Nee. Yen with an 'e'

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger sojourner said...

oops! will correct that!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Ph D in Bluffology said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Ph D in Bluffology said...

Well sojourner, life is full of things we agree and don't agree with. Many things we see may be tainted by our own narrow perspectives. I am a big culprit of that at times, though I try not to be. So I advise that we all take what each other shares as a "seed", which may or may not take root and grow. And that God in His wisdom allows us to grow through many things in our pilgrimage ~ like me in my dark nights (a few months ago) and you in a quest for answers and a light for disillusionment with the establishment. Often times I share some of your sentiments too.

Annette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home