Friday, July 29, 2005

Will I Rest?

It’s been quite a hectic week. I thank God for bringing me through the week. I thank God for the wonderful Bible study we had on Monday. I thank God for helping me to complete the program for my colleague. I also would like to thank God for giving us such a wonderful Bible study tonight. Annette and I actually went into the kitchen to give thanks after the Bible study! She did give me a few comments and pointers too. I appreciate it very much, because I really believe that God has given me this gift to teach and lead Bible studies. And I want to improve on it so that I can continue to be an instrument of God in this manner. I really felt quite anxious about the whole session, especially when more and more people just kept drifting into the house. I think about 25 people came for the study! And here I was; this guy who has a problem speaking to large crowds! ‘Oh no!’ I thought. I got quite stuck as well, when some of them began asking tough questions. I had no answers to some of them, so I just said I didn’t know. But thank God for Annette also, as she did chip in with some of her wise insights. I thank God for all these opportunities to serve Him this week. There were so much more opportunities that He gave me that I don’t think I can remember them all. I’ve had friends sharing about some difficulties that they are going through at the moment. I can only listen to them and pray for them for now.

After the Bible study, I attended the CF committee meeting for the evaluation of the first half of the semester. I arrived home at about 2 am! After a long week, I am looking forward to a weekend of rest. For once, I won’t be traveling outstations this weekend. I just feel like staying home to clean up the house, loiter around, and maybe catch up on some reading. Oh, I also need to prepare for a missions training next week. Three nights of sessions! That’s a lot! I haven’t really done this sort of thing before. So God, help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home