Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back from Hospital

Finally, I’m back! After a 3 night spell at Sunway Medical Center, I’m back here in SK. I never expected that after visiting Jane’nette, I would end up in hospital. But I did. It’s the kidney stones again. I was under excruciating pain for a few hours and the painkillers didn’t seem to help at all. I’d better start controlling my diet from now on. This whole episode will be forever etched in my memory as full of ‘firsts’. It’s the first time that I’ve been admitted to hospital since primary school. It’s the first time that I’ve been on drips. I had my first ride on a wheelchair. What else? Let me see… Nothing else I guess. I did some X-rays, and I had to decide on whether I wanted the stone to come out naturally or through some medical techniques. I chose the former, after getting some advice from my dad. But I kind of enjoyed the whole episode, minus the pain of course (and the quite terrible hospital food). I enjoyed being able to relax in bed all day long. I enjoyed being able to call nurses to attend to me whenever I want. I enjoyed the air-conditioned room. I even had a friendly roommate who works in Shell IT. I was thankful for that rest. I used it to read more than a third of a wonderful book that I bought on Saturday – N. T. Wright’s ‘The Challenge of Jesus’. After reading the first two chapters, I realized how limited my views about Jesus had been. I was awe-struck by many of N. T. Wright’s views about Jesus. I couldn’t help putting down the book to spend some time worshipping God in prayer, expressing my amazement at Jesus the prophet and Messiah. I’ll write more about this book in detail another time. For now, I just want to get some sleep…

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

good to see you .. and surprised after knowing you had "stones" and also just went thru an operation ... you look ok!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger sojourner said...

haha... actually I didn't have the operation! I'm waiting to see if the stone will come out 'naturally'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home