Tuesday, March 08, 2005

AGM and Handover

When the day that I have been dreading for weeks finally arrived, I couldn’t wait for it to be over. This is THE day; when the old committee members will be officially handing over their responsibilities to the new committee; when the new committee members and CG leaders will be dedicated to God. This is the day that I have to speak in CF.

So the day went on as usual, except for the fact that I was nervous and feeling tense all day! I couldn’t get it out of my mind. I couldn’t even concentrate on my work. All I could do was to pray and to keep thinking about what I was going to say. It got worse and worse as the day went on, up till CF. My feelings must have been really noticeable as some of my friends in the CF began asking me why I looked so tense.

I shared about leadership. I shared about going through a time of transition. Before I knew it, it was over. Thank God. Really, I felt so relieved. Public speaking is definitely not for me! I thank God he brought me through it all and that He spoke through me. I am sure that even though I may not be able to speak well in public, the Holy Spirit will speak to them in their hearts.

Well, I’ve done what You asked me to do! No doubt I’d rather not have to do it, but since this was what You wanted, I’ll do it for You! I love You and thanks very much!! But please Lord, is it possible that I do less of such things? *Grin*

Today is also the day when I would be officially commissioned as an advisor in CF. I was afraid of the consequences that I would have to endure because of the announcement, so I actually begged Leona not to announce it! Imagine what the people in CF would start calling me! But then I guess it needs to be done. It will help me in my ministry anyway. Now everyone is calling me ‘advisor’! God, help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home