Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What does Success Mean to Me?

Pastor Sivin Kit from Bangsar Lutheran church was invited to speak in CF today on the topic of ‘Enjoying Life’. He made a connection between enjoying life and success. He then divided the CF into small groups with two questions for us to discuss. What does success mean to you? What steps should you take to achieve that success?

After thinking about it for awhile, I came up with this definition of success: To me, success means that when I am about to die, I can look back on my life and say that there is no better way I could have lived my life. I can be content and satisfied with how I have lived it and I will have no regrets. I can tell God with confidence that I have done what He wants me to do in this short time here and that I have been a good steward of this gift of life that He has given me. This is what success means to me. What steps can I take to achieve it? By living a life of contemplation and reflection, as well as being aware of what God is doing around me and in me.

I don’t know how theologically sound all these thoughts may be, but this is what I truly believe in my heart about what success in life means.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Sivin Kit said...

hey .. you're theologically sound I can say that! And authentic in your response!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home