Friday, October 14, 2005

So Close, Yet So Far

Two of my colleagues will be heading off to New Zealand on Monday. From there, they will make a trip to Antarctica for 10 days. Sigh… each time I think about it, the thought comes… ‘It could have been me’… How many people get to go there in this lifetime anyway? So close, yet so far. I guess it wouldn’t have been so bad if I never had expected it in the first place. I wonder if such opportunities will come knocking again in the future. How long will this project last? My colleagues have been going there every year for the past 3 or 4 years. Well, I can’t do anything about it… maybe just sulk! At least I get to go to the paddy fields! ;P

Whatever it is, I’ll be looking forward to the weekend trip to Penang with my friends. We’re all going to meet Pastor Paul (hopefully), the Iban Pastor from Sarawak! I wonder what’s in store… Can’t wait! What a shame that we’ll be there for less than 48 hours. I do want to spend a little time with my parents too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home