Thursday, October 13, 2005

This is Getting Really Weird

This is getting really weird. A few months ago, I was introduced to a blog belonging to theologian and New Testament scholar Scot McKnight called Jesus Creed by Pastor Sivin. I was struggling with some thoughts about Hell then after reading Brian McLaren’s ‘The Last Word and the Word after that’. Scot McKnight was doing a series on Hell based on the same book just about that time. I then began reading about the history of Christian thought and began to work through some of Luther’s and Augustine’s theology of atonement. McKnight then writes about Postmodernity and the Atonement. Sometime in about July, I began to read McLaren’s ‘More Ready than You Realize’, with a chapter about conversion as a process rather than an event. This was when Scot McKnight began writing about conversion too. When I was reading McLaren’s ‘A Generous Orthodoxy’, up comes the discussion on this book on Jesus Creed. I noticed this peculiarity right about then. I wondered if God was providing some sort of support for me from a more theologically knowledgeable person. But more was to come. Just after I went through Stanley Grenz’s ‘Prayer: the Cry for the Kingdom’, and was in the middle of reading about contemplative prayer in Henri Nouwen’s ‘The Way of the Heart’, McKnight begins a series on prayer on his blog. Now I am reading ‘What Saint Paul Really Said’ by N. T. Wright as I work through some of Paul’s theology and what the gospel really means. I was surprised when McKnight began a series on the gospel just a few days ago. And today, he writes about the book that I am currently reading! Again! Weird! Or is it a blatant act of God? I can’t deny that his writings have been a great help to me through those times…

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Emmmm. Its a blatant act of God of coz. No doubt about that

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger .anna.begins. said...

Whoooaaaa....freaky.
But definately an act of God ;) Heh.
Keep up the faith!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home