Friday, September 09, 2005

Spurred on...


Bible study was inspiring yesterday. Not for the first time, Grampz reminded us to see if God is calling us to a particular place. Is God calling us to a ministry in our hometowns; in a particular church? Many of us graduates prefer to stay in KL and other big cities where we can find the jobs that we want. We may even choose such places because the churches here are bigger and more elaborate. Maybe they’re more ‘happening’. Maybe we can have all we want over here. Will God want to send us back to our smaller hometowns to serve Him in our home churches? Does God want to send us home with all the things that we’ve learnt and experienced here as students so that we can share them with our family over there? At the moment, I still have no inkling what this message means to me personally. I’ll just keep it in mind while I wait and see…

On another note, Grampz gave a heartfelt sharing yesterday. It inspired me. 17 years already and she’s still going strong! And she still enjoys what she does! No doubt there were times when she felt alone. No doubt there were a lot of sacrifices to be made. But she still carries on. Whenever I get tired or discouraged, I need only to look at her life to spur me on. I see in it a reflection of Nehemiah who kept his focus in the midst of challenges and opposition. Most of all, I see in it a reflection of our Lord who kept His focus in Gethsemane in the midst of loneliness, doubt and struggles. This just spurs me on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home