Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Joshua: The Journey So Far

Our journey through the book of Joshua begins! I’ve been really excited about studying this book together. We did an overview as we glanced through the entire book chapter by chapter while pointing out a few themes in it. The whole book rests on God’s covenant with the Israelites, beginning with Abraham and then Moses through the Law. Everything the book talks about; the land, the victories, the blessings; all go back to God’s faithfulness and the faithfulness of the Israelites to the covenant. We talked about the journey of the Israelites so far. They’ve gone through a lot; from Abraham to Jacob; from slavery to exodus to wandering in the desert. Now they will be entering the Promised Land. But their journey is far from over. Many challenges lie ahead. The stage is set for another phase in their journey home. It gave us a platform to reflect about our own lives and our own journeys so far. We’ve had very long journeys… 24 years for me. There have been ups and downs, hikes and slides, twists and turns. And now I’m here. God has been faithful. What about me? This journey is far from over. I wonder what’s up ahead. I wonder how long more… before I arrive home… my real home… our Promised Land…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home