Thursday, April 20, 2006

Amethystium

Finally, after having to look around the whole of Malaysia for more than a year; after failing to find it in New Zealand; after attempting to ask some of my friends who were coming back from overseas to look for it in US and other places; I stumbled upon that elusive CD – Evermind. The third album in the dragonfly trilogy by Amethystium, it was hidden in a little corner behind a stack of other CDs at Borders in Singapore.

I picked up Amethystium’s first album, Odonata, at a music store in Penang about 4 years ago, mainly because I thought the CD cover looked cool. I had never heard of it till then. Went home, popped the CD into the player, and listened to it in awe. Best music I had ever heard (at least until the second album came out), and from then on, I was hooked. Amethystium, and the talented Norwegian behind it, Oystein Ramfjord, is definitely my favorite artist. I highly recommend it to all newage/ambient/electronic/darkwave music fans! Check out reviews here. Get some low quality sampling here on the official website.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home